The Gender Relations Center (GRC) designs and implements programs about healthy relationships, gender, and sexuality consistent with the Catholic character of the University. The GRC Senior Fellows program is an opportunity for senior student leaders to engage the campus in respectful dialogue while helping to build a community that fully honors the human dignity of each person. GRC Senior Fellows will focus primarily on building relationships, both in the residence halls and around campus, through programs and events, as well as providing office support and operations within the GRC. Please contact John Johnstin with any questions.
- Represent the mission, vision, and values of the GRC as a student employee
- Function as a student leader in the GRC
- Execute the duties and responsibilities as outlined in part below
Senior Fellows will:
- Senior Fellowships are open to all members of the class of 2023 living on campus for the duration of the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Students who serve as Fellows will receive an annual minimum $4,000 stipend for 10 hours of work each week.
- Fellows will work some evenings and weekends planning programming in the residence halls related to the GRC's thematic areas. Each senior fellow will do at least 2 residence hall programs a semester as well as other programs and office functions. Examples include: consent training or LGBTQ ally training; women's history month; Valentine's day / healthy dating culture, etc.
- Fellows will participate in mandatory cohort training, weekly meetings, and professional development workshops.
- Fellows will support the Program Director for New Student Engagement with various events and activities related to Welcome Weekend 2022.
- Welcome Weekend responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the Student Services Resource Fair, Official University Welcome and Cookout, Moreau First-Year Experience Kick-Off, Class Photo, DomerFest, Student Social, First Trip to the Grotto, and Day of Community.
The GRC Senior Fellows Application is currently accepting applications. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 20, 2022
Please contact John Johnstin with any question about the Senior Fellows position or application process.